For the modern inhabitant of the metropolis, maintaining normal physical fitness is one of the main priorities.
Indeed, the current citizen is somewhat consistent with the ideals of antiquity, where a free man was considered worthy of a harmonious combination of physical and intellectual qualities and multilateral development.
Moreover, now there is often less free time, so almost everyone is looking for workouts with high efficiency and those that require less time.
What is the point?
Of course, there is no panacea that will allow you to train for only five minutes and at the same time get the maximum effect.
Nevertheless, we can choose the most optimal workouts and one of these options is cycling.
In fact, cycling is a workout on a stationary bike, but here only special shoe-type simulators are used. In general, there are differences between cycling and spinning, these trainings are sometimes in different classes, but we will not go into such details.
Everywhere the meaning is almost identical: group (or individual) classes on special cycle simulators with high intensity.
Learn more about what is cyclingcan read in a separate article.
You can also make an impression of this sport by watching the video:
5 useful properties of this activity
Of the main aspects of utility, it should be noted:
- calorie burning - Cycle is one of the most effective options for burning calories and removing excessive lipid tissue from the body, only liposuction is more effective. For more information on the effectiveness of Sicel for weight loss, see the separate article,
- cardio training - such training perfectly develops the cardiovascular system, and the development of this system has a positive effect on the whole organism,
- body training - in addition to cardio, muscles, breathing and many other functional parts of the body are perfectly trained here,
- endorphins - such loads contribute to the active production of hormones of happiness in the body, thanks to this, you always remain “positive”, better cope with stress and do not strain in vain,
- healthy leisure - for many, cycling really becomes an interesting hobby, group classes here provide not only body training, but also communication with other people, you feel a sense of unity and mutual support if you have correctly selected a group and a trainer.
Cycling can also allow you to achieve various sports results; many professionals use cycling in order to increase the oxygen depot of muscle tissue and develop other properties of their own body.
10 types of cycling
Now let's look at the varieties of cyclic training, starting from the lightest and continuing with the more difficult ones that are used for trained athletes.
- Simple riding technique. Sitting position, you calmly eat without a significant load, then an imitation of a trip on a flat highway is performed.
- Riding with a load. This option is also performed in a sitting position, but at a high load, an imitation of lifting to an inclined surface is performed,
- Fast driving. It is performed in a standing position, maintaining a high pace. It is the most common technique for the full development of the body.
- Standing slowly. It is also an imitation of climbing uphill, but a standing position is used here, which further increases the intensity of the load.
- Sitting fast. It is an imitation of descent from the mountain or just a quick ride on a flat surface.
- Acceleration. It is a variation of the techniques of fast driving while standing or sitting, only periods of acceleration are added here. For example, 30 seconds is just a quick ride, then 10-15 seconds acceleration is performed.
- Resistance. From a standing or sitting position, slowly. The maximum load is added to the load for a short period. Simulates a climb on high inclines.
- Change of position. Running at high load at a slow pace. Every 20-30 seconds, the position of the body changes, for example, sitting up and you need to maintain pace.
- Change of position at a fast pace. It uses high speed and you need to periodically change the position of the body, but at the same time maintain the pace and load.
- Weight Training Vest - A great option for cycling in order to further strengthen muscles and increase endurance. A special vest is used that increases your weight. Body positioning techniques and others may be used.
In addition, there are many additional exercises for cycling the whole body on the cyclic.
What is cycling
Cycling is a sports direction that began to develop actively in Moscow only a few years ago, but has already captured the hearts (and legs) of a huge number of people. These are group cardio training on an exercise bike under the guidance of a trainer.
They are distinguished from ordinary activities on a stationary bike by their high intensity: you cannot work relaxedly! Instructors set the pace and load and monitor not only the quality of the exercises, but also the fighting spirit of everyone who is present in the hall. Workouts are usually played with incendiary music, and the trainers each time include a new playlist.
Who is suitable for cycling training, and who is not
I personally know both 14-year-old riders and those who are already raising grandchildren. Among fans of cycling are those who want to lose weight, and those who want to diversify regular strength training.
There are people who have never before played sports, but there are those who regularly participate in world triathlon competitions. The main thing is to choose the frequency of training that is right for you, depending on your health, goals, life schedule and sports experience.
I would like to say that cycling is suitable for everyone, without exception, but, of course, this is not so - as with any other sport. Heart or joint problems can be a contraindication for training. Absolute contraindications are those diseases in which doctors do not recommend high-intensity training in principle:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system,
- progressive varicose veins on the legs,
- serious or neglected injuries or injuries of the knee joints.
If you have caught some kind of virus, you should also give up training for a while - primarily because your body is already exhausted, but you should not forget about your neighbor on the bike: I would not want to infect anyone, right?
Be mindful of yourself. Still, we train for health, and not contrary to it.
The fact that only the lower body is pumped on cycling is a myth. Yes, when you pedal, the muscles of the buttocks, hips, quadriceps and calf muscles work more intensively. But do not forget that during cycling, speed and load constantly change, and riders need to not only have time to pedal, but also to perform many other elements: push up from the steering wheel, do twists and turns of the body, and much more. Plus, each lesson includes a 6–8-minute block of work with dumbbells. Here we focus on the upper torso. Thus, in 45 minutes you pump the whole body!
Here are some exercises that I especially like to perform on a bike.
Abduction of the pelvis
With straight arms (that is, do not bend them at the elbows) we hold onto the upper part of the steering wheel, we try to take the pelvis as far back as possible. You can perform, for example, two counts: they took the pelvis back, then returned to its original position.
There are many variations! Standing and sitting, slow and at every turn, with one hand to pump the lateral muscles of the press, or moving your elbows to the side to pay more attention to the back muscles.
This is when at high speed you go up several times and again fall into the saddle. I really like to alternate: several times we get up and sit on four accounts, then two, and then we stay upstairs and accelerate as if we were going to take off!
Three components of each workout for me are fitness, emotions and music. So cycling can be called meditation with a load for your favorite tracks.
Someone may have doubts - maybe a regular bike is better? To go for a walk - undoubtedly, you will not go far on a stationary bike. :) And to reboot and recharge with energy - I would not say. Although I, of course, really love ordinary bicycles, but these are still completely different categories. Cycling and cycling complement each other perfectly, just like cycling and running.
How to practice cycling without injuries
The principle of moderation has not harmed anyone. If you are sick, do not get enough sleep, and often do not have time to eat, it is better to establish your daily regimen first. Still, cycling is a high-intensity load, and a weakened body may not respond to it in the most pleasant way.
The most important point of safe sport is the correct technique and the position of a person on an exercise bike. This is something that can never be neglected! The instructor reminds about this at the beginning and during the training itself, which reduces the risk of injury to almost zero.
Those who exercise very often can take vitamins and supplements for ligaments and joints. As well as amino acids for quick muscle recovery.
How to diversify cycling training
It’s not worth fearing that training can be boring, since no training is like any other - thanks to the exercises, music, and different energies of each trainer. To make the lesson special, it is possible to arrange, for example, thematic classes with a specific playlist - it turns out, I went to training, and at the same time I attended a concert of my favorite musician.
You can adjust the duration of the training - from the classic 45 minutes to 90-minute marathons for the toughest, for which you can "drive" up to 42 kilometers. Moscow riders, for example, spent the summer on the roof of the Oko Tower in Moscow City — pedaling at a height of 354 meters with a view of all of Moscow. Can it be boring?
1. Competent technique
Before you start a lesson on cyclic, you will need to configure the simulator, for this it is best to use the assistance of an instruction or trainer, from the main we note:
- when the pedal is in the lower position, the leg remains slightly bent, but almost straightened,
- steering wheel and seat are almost on the same level,
- the distance from the steering wheel to the seat equals the length of your elbow, you need to determine the distance so that the back is not bent and does not need to stretch excessively, the body is almost exactly along the ground.
Beginners can put the steering wheel just above the seat in order to remove the load from the back. To understand the correct technique, you can see how professional cyclists sit on races. We examined in detail the nuances of a proper fit on various types of exercise bikes.
Features of body position:
- the back is straight, the shoulder blades are almost flattened,
- the shoulders are a little down, the neck is not overstrained and free,
- buttocks do not move forward, remain over a large part of the seat,
- the feet look forward, do not lean down, the fingers do not overstrain,
- elbows look down, hands rest on the steering wheel.
What should not be done:
- bounce - stay in the saddle tightly, in order to help yourself, you can even imagine how someone is putting pressure on your shoulders, you only need to rotate it with your feet, do not push on top of the bouncing,
- round your back - also it is not necessary to do excessive deflection in the lower back, your body, ideally, becomes almost straight from the coccyx to the chin,
- overload yourself - you need to train intensively, but when you need to sit down and relax, eat a little while sitting,
- bend the feet - keep your feet level on the floor, and in order to remove the load from the quadriceps and add a little more training for the back of the thigh, raise the heel slightly above the toe, for this you can imagine stretching the pedals, but do not push the pedals.
2. Where to start first?
Training should not begin with fatigue, even experienced athletes use this technique separately on some day and no longer give significant loads.
In addition, it is advisable to eat some healthy carbohydrates an hour or two before training. Many start training from the warm-up and this makes sense, even if there is a part with a warm-up ride in the training program.
Also, before training, you should configure the simulator to your own settings. Only then can you start the lesson.
3. What pulse is permissible in the classroom?
For each, this parameter is determined individually. You need to take your age and subtract this number from 220, for example, if you are 25 years old, then 220-25 = 195. This is your maximum allowable pulse, but you should not achieve this value during training, on the contrary, it is better to avoid this value.
The range of heart rate in training is defined as a percentage of the maximum. Usually, The following ranges are distinguished:
- 50-60% - warm-up,
- 60-70% - fat burning,
- 70-80% - body training,
- 80-90% - increase the range of endurance and other parameters.
Sometimes these values are shifted by 5%, that is, the maximum becomes 95%. One way or another, in the limiting zone, which is used to increase the limits of your body, they work out no more than 5 minutes in training, in the rest of the period they work in the range of 60-80% of the maximum, depending on the goal. Therefore, we take the maximum allowable pulse as 95%, in our example, such a frequency is considered as 220-25 * 0.95 = 185, you should work on such a pulse for no more than five minutes, and reduce the intensity.
Attention! The on-board simulator uses an on-board computer that can help you determine your target heart rate zones. As a rule, they are highlighted in colors, but also you need to pay attention to the actual data (heart rate monitor) and not just the tips that the computer gives.
4. What should be the duration of the training?
Duration of training is also a variable parameter. How much do you need to do? Beginners train for half an hour, lasting about 45 minutes, and experienced athletes can train up to an hour.
Much also depends on the intensity of the training and goals that you set at this stage.
5. Sample program
A simple training program looks something like this:
|3-5 minutes||Warm up, light load.|
|10-12 minutes||Riding in a standing position with alternating load changes from medium to heavy.|
|10-12 minutes||Interval training, imitation of descents and ascents, riding in a standing and sitting position.|
|5-7 minutes||Riding with additional exercises, push-ups from the steering wheel, riding with the abduction of the pelvis and the like, depending on the program.|
|10-12 minutes||Imitation of highway driving, acceleration and deceleration cycles.|
|3-5 minutes||Hitch, easy riding.|
|5 minutes||Stretching exercises (optional).|
This program is the most basic option. As a rule, group exercises are much more diverse and include many interesting elements, so Cycle cool pump the body completely.
Tips for Beginners
Many of those who are just trying cyclic training, do not receive positive emotions. Here the situation is often similar to crossfit, after which the muscles are also incredibly sore and the resulting loads are excessive.
Indeed, you can be inspired by the vibrant atmosphere of cycling and start very actively, but after exercise or the next day, feel exhausted. It is not a matter of training that is not for you, it is an overload. Therefore, when you get acquainted with cycle aerobics, gradually increase the load.
Some experts generally advise starting with the so-called silent-intro training, even with just one such training, this is enough.
This training consists of the following steps:
- about 10 minutes - personal setup of the simulator,
- about half an hour - actually training,
- 5-7 minutes - warming up and stretching the muscles.
As you can see, there are useful additions to a simple workout, in particular tuning and stretching. After this training, you will at least be able to know how to configure any cycle to your own parameters, and you can help others in this matter.
Stretching by a competent trainer is of great importance, the heated muscles not only stretch better, but also need it in order to better recover and get rid of lactic acid and other products, which further create unpleasant sensations and the so-called “strangulation” of the muscles.
If you start with such a training, you can better integrate into the process and will have the necessary functionality in order to correctly vary the load. Anyway, we recommend starting with two workouts per week, for untrained people, this amount is enough, because Cycle is a high-intensity training. Next, the number of workouts should be increased, but such increases should be done only after 5-8 weeks of regular training.
Attention! At the first lessons, do not try to give all your best, strive to find the optimal load level for yourself for a given period. Your task in the first trainings is to understand these trainings, put the equipment, and not go faster.
And finally, a few more video trainings:
As you can see, cyclic training is a separate area of fitness, very diverse and interesting. If you want to start (or continue) to fully develop your own body, pay attention to this option. We hope this material has clarified some features of cycling and will benefit you.