Women's skin is very delicate, and therefore it requires special treatment. However, not every woman is paying due attention to her skin.
Very often, girls and women notice that their dermis begins to look not the best way only when it becomes too dry and coarsens.
In such a situation, every beautiful lady wonders how to remove rough skin and tidy up her body.
Modern cosmetology offers a lot of completely painless procedures that will help you get rid of this ugly cosmetic defect in one or several sessions.
Meanwhile, such procedures are almost always expensive and, moreover, not every woman has the opportunity to regularly visit beauty salons and studios.
In this article we will tell you what to do if you have rough skin on the heels, elbows or fingers and toes, and how to get rid of this problem at home.
Causes of roughening of the skin
Before proceeding with the fight against the keratinized layer of the epidermis on different parts of the body, it is necessary to understand what causes its appearance. Otherwise, all your efforts will be practically meaningless, because literally a few days after the treatment, the situation will return to normal.
The most common causes of excessive roughening of the dermis on the human body are:
- too dry skin in most cases is associated with internal problems - a lack of vitamins and minerals in the human body, various diseases of the endocrine nature, hormonal changes, as well as impaired kidney function,
- keratinization of the upper layer of the epidermis on the feet can cause excessive stress on this part of the body. A generally similar situation is observed in overweight people, those who spend the whole day in a standing position, as well as women who can not imagine their life without high-heeled shoes. In some cases, the cause may also be the wearing of shoes made of substandard materials or of improper size,
- skin can also change its structure under the influence of fungal infections,
- roughening of the skin on the hands is also often found in people whose profession is associated with daily excessive pressure on these areas, for example, musicians, shoemakers or laborers,
- allergic reactions can also lead to the growth of epithelial cells and the appearance of their horny layers
- finally, in some cases, this problem may indicate the occurrence of pathological processes in the human body, for example, the growth of a malignant tumor.
Is it possible to remove rough skin from the heels on my own, and how to do it?
When keratinized epidermis appears on any part of the body, it is necessary, first of all, to make changes to your diet. You should eat properly and fully in order to provide your body with enough vitamins of groups B, A and E. In addition, it is recommended to use various means of folk cosmetology, with which you can achieve a noticeable result in a short time.
Removing coarse skin on the heels at home can be quite difficult, but you can still noticeably improve its condition if desired.
To do this, you need to take a foot bath every night, before going to bed, and then clean the heels and lubricate them with a nourishing cream containing any cosmetic oil, vitamin E and other useful components, as well as regularly make healing foot masks.
The following recipes will help you prepare these miraculous remedies of folk cosmetology to remove coarsened areas from the heels:
- One of the simplest procedures is steaming the legs in a soda solution. To do this, pour the required amount of hot water into a suitable container and dissolve baking soda in it, taking into account the ratio of 1 tablespoon of powder per liter of liquid. Keep feet in such a bath is necessary for about 15 minutes until the water cools down. Immediately after this, the coarsened skin on the feet should be cleaned with an ordinary pumice stone, a file or a foot brush. You can also use a special scrub for the feet of industrial production. After cleansing, grease your feet with nourishing cream, put on cotton socks and go to bed,
- it is very useful to soar your feet in a decoction of medicinal plants, such as sage, St. John's wort, calendula or elecampane. To prepare this liquid, crushed dry grass is poured with clean water, taking into account the ratio of 1 tablespoon of raw materials per liter of liquid, put on the stove, brought to a boil and boiled for about 5 minutes. Lower the feet into the cooked broth after about 15 minutes, when it has cooled slightly, and also soar your feet for about 15 minutes. After this, it is recommended to clean the skin with pumice and lubricate the heels with cosmetic oil,
- another useful recipe for making a foot bath is unusually simple - add a little sea salt and a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the desired amount of warm water. Take a bath for about 15 minutes,
- to achieve the best effect, 1 or 2 times a week you can make such a mask for your legs - combine the yolk of a chicken egg with a teaspoon of olive oil and the same amount of lemon juice. Put the prepared composition on the heels and fix it with a gauze or bandage, and after half an hour rinse,
- Another option for preparing an effective mask is to mix olive oil and slightly melted honey in equal proportions, apply this mass to the feet and wash after 15-20 minutes.
How to soften rough skin on the elbows?
Ugly coarsened skin on the elbows with the presence of flaky areas and cracks is also in most cases associated with a lack of vitamins and a violation of the water-alkaline balance of the dermis. That is why, first of all, you need to enrich your daily diet with fresh vegetables and fruits, as well as fresh herbs. It will be useful to drink the course of any of the multivitamin complexes presented in the assortment of pharmacies.
Additionally, to improve the condition of the skin, you can use the following effective tools:
- take 4 cotton pads and soak them liberally in warmed olive oil. Place 2 discs on the elbows of both hands and wrap them with wide bandages. After about 40 minutes, remove the compress and remove the remaining oil with an ordinary towel,
- break the chicken egg and separate the yolk from the protein. Add a tablespoon of cottage cheese to the yolk and grind the ingredients until a homogeneous composition is obtained. Put this mass on the elbows, wrap them with polyethylene, and on top with a bandage. After about 20 minutes, wash in a warm shower. This mask also helps to get rid of age spots,
- cut a whole lemon into 2 halves and carefully rub the elbows into the roughened skin for 15 minutes or longer,
- peel one medium-sized potato, grate it on a fine grater and add a teaspoon of honey to it. Mix well and apply the mixture to coarse elbows, then firmly fix with a piece of natural fabric. Wash off the mask after half an hour, wipe your hands dry and brush with a nourishing cream.
Causes of dry heels
When the heels are rough, painful cracks form on them, this is sometimes a symptom of a number of different diseases, such as:
- malfunctions of the endocrine or genitourinary system,
- eczema and some others.
Deficiency in the body of vitamins and minerals can also manifest itself in a similar way.
In addition, with age, the skin becomes drier and rougher, requires careful care. Thus, if you encounter this problem despite careful foot care, you should visit a specialist as soon as possible to exclude the presence of serious diseases.
In some cases, dry skin on the heels is a consequence of the abuse of antibacterial soap, which has a pronounced drying effect, wearing tight shoes made of artificial materials in which the foot "does not breathe."
Excess weight and lifestyle, in which you are forced to spend most of the day standing on your feet, leads to increased stress on the feet, resulting in rough skin on them. Too much air also makes the skin of the body very dry.
How to treat
In the event that serious diseases are discovered, for starters it will be necessary to direct all your efforts to combating them. The doctor will recommend the appropriate treatment methods and prescribe an external product to alleviate the unpleasant state, as, for example, in the case of painful cracks.
How to return the heels of softness?
If everything is in good order with your health, the doctor did not find the internal causes of rough skin, then you can try to deal with this problem with the help of ordinary home methods and thorough care with the use of exfoliating agents, pumice and coarsely abrasive files.
Try two or three evenings in a row to apply depilation cream on the feet, allowing it to soak for ten minutes. Then you should treat the problem areas with a file slightly moistened with water.
The upper dry layer will roll down, so you will need to carry out processing until the feet become smooth. Then grease them with nutritious or oily cream and put on cotton socks on top. After the first such procedure, you can notice an excellent effect.
Simple folk remedies for rough heels
At home, treating rough skin on the heels will not be difficult if you know simple and effective recipes. For example:
- Melted paraffin, salicylic acid and wax are mixed, slightly cooled and applied to the heels in three layers.
- Then it is necessary to wrap the treated area with cling film and leave it that way for a day.
- You must remove it by lowering your feet into a basin of warm water, after adding a little soda and soap.
- Rub the problem areas thoroughly with a pumice stone, and then rinse your feet and apply any moisturizer.
Herbal baths with the addition of hops, yarrow and chamomile will help heal cracks in the heels, contributing to the renewal of rough skin. Rosemary and wormwood, in turn, contribute to improving blood circulation in the feet, so that regeneration will occur much faster. If the legs itch and itch, then you will come to the rescue baths with the addition of mint.
A green apple has an excellent emollient effect, so it can be used as a compress. It is necessary to grind it on a grater and attach to the heels, additionally wrapping it with cling film and putting on socks.
To cure too rough heels, folk remedies need to choose such as, for example, natural honey and castor oil. They can also be applied overnight, removing in the morning with warm water and also lubricating the skin with a greasy cream.
Ordinary cream or sour cream that you need to apply before bedtime will help to cope with dryness. Enrich your regular cream and make it more effective by adding a few drops of tea tree essential oil, a solution of vitamin A and E.
Choose for yourself high-quality and comfortable shoes made of high-quality, natural, breathable materials. In this case, the heel height should not be too large, and the block should be comfortable, then you will not feel tired by evening, the legs will swell less.
Your daily diet should contain a large amount of vitamins and minerals, which are rich in seafood, fruits, vegetables, cereals, vegetable oils. Reception of vitamin complexes in the winter months will also help fill up the lack of nutrients in the body and get rid of rough skin on the heels.
To make the heels soft and smooth, daily treat them with a nail file or pumice, apply a moisturizer. This will help them to always remain tender and beautiful.
How to get rid of rough skin on the fingers and toes?
To soften the rough skin on the fingers of both feet and hands, you can use all of the above methods. It is also very useful and effective to wipe the fingers and skin between them with a cut sheet of aloe, tomato paste or a small piece of fresh tomato or dandelion juice.
To get rid of the stratum corneum of the epidermis on the fingers and other parts of the body is not at all easy, but this can be done if daily attention is paid to the skin.
In severe cases, it is recommended to consult a doctor to identify the true cause that provoked this symptom, and the appointment of appropriate treatment.
The cause of rough skin
Most people have an acute problem with rough and rough skin on their heels. The reasons can be very different. This is overweight, and the frequent wearing of high-heeled shoes, low-quality and uncomfortable shoes and heavy loads on the legs.
It can also be a lack of trace elements and essential vitamins, as well as the consequences of being on your feet. Cracks and coarse heels can be quite serious diseases of the kidneys and endocrine system, as well as the consequence of hormonal changes, infections and fungus.
Coarse skin on the heels occurs when there is a loss of water and lipids through the skin, and the body, due to various circumstances, cannot compensate for their loss on its own. And if you take into account that constant loads go to your feet, then the skin on the heels becomes rough, breaks, as a result of which cracks appear.
It is extremely important to permanently remove coarse skin on the heels, after which it is necessary to lubricate it with a nourishing cream. You should take care of the skin of your legs every day, only in this case it will be possible to get rid of rough skin on the heels.
It should be noted, before any self-medication at home, you need to consult a specialist in order to identify the cause.
How to remove keratinized skin with a knife
Do not be alarmed. Neither a razor, nor a knife, nor any other sharp objects need to be removed. For this, in the cosmetic composition there are special tools and devices that help to remove keratinized growths from the heels:
Soft peels and scrubs containing abrasive substances
The scrubbing method is considered the most gentle method of processing the heels, allowing you to clean those formations that are usually not visible to the eye. It can be used once a week after taking a bath. A scrub that can moistur your heels, you can cook yourself at home.
This will require ten ml. any shower gel and ten ml. coconut oil. Mix the ingredients and add thirty grams of dry ground coffee. Brewed coffee is also suitable for use. Apply the resulting composition in a small layer to the coarse heels, then rub them with light massage movements for ten minutes. If you regularly use this method, then the result can be seen in a few weeks.
Home scrubbing (video)
When processing heels at home using scrapers and hard brushes, try to monitor your movements . They should not be too strong, but at the same time try to act confidently.
When using machines for trim manicure try to act extremely carefully and carefully with them, to avoid infection and skin injury. And also follow some very important rules:
Never lend a personal instrument to friends or relatives for a while.
For each action, try to use only a new blade.
Clean the heels carefully, moving from the edges to the center, with minimal pressure on them.
If you feel pain, then just loosen your movements or completely stop the operation
Out of habit, this procedure may seem rather complicated at first glance, but this is only until you get used to it. After that, the procedure will begin to bring you one sheer pleasure.
There is a method for removing coarse skin on the heels using apple cider vinegar, in front of which it is necessary to thoroughly steam the feet and attach gauze soaked in vinegar to them. After that, wrap cellophane over the gauze and put on top of the socks. This procedure should be carried out at night. In the morning, the compress is removed and with the help of a special nail file the softened layer of the skin is cleaned.
This procedure is carried out daily until the keratinized skin on the heels is completely smooth, the same as that of a baby. After a month, you can once again repeat the procedure solely for preventive purposes.
Grated potato and alcohol compress
This method is native Russian. Для него понадобится четыре средние картофелины, натертые на терке, и медицинский спирт, разбавленный один к одному. Получившуюся смесь следует выложить в целлофановые пакеты и опустить туда ступни ног, предварительно смазанные толстым слоем жирного крема во избежание ожогов. In order for the liquid from the bags not to flow to the floor, the legs can be put in a basin and kept in this position for two hours.
To quietly pass the time, you can read a good book or watch your favorite series. Try to take care of this before you dip your feet into the mix. To achieve a positive effect, such a procedure is usually carried out at least five times.
The easiest way to treat skin on the feet is applying alcohol compresses at night. To do this, in regular vodka, moisten cotton swabs and apply them to roughened skin. Wrap plastic wrap or plastic bags on top and put on warm socks. In the morning, taking a shower, you can gently rub the heel with a pumice and grease them with a moisturizing foot cream. This procedure should be repeated until a tangible result appears.
This procedure can be performed daily. . To do this, pour four tablespoons of soda into a bowl of warm water and lower your legs into it for fifteen minutes. After the coarse layer has slightly evaporated, it can easily be removed with a regular pumice stone or a special nail file. For one such procedure, you will not see the effect, be patient, repeat the procedure constantly and the result will not be long in coming.
Decoctions of herbs
For broths, herbs such as St. John's wort, calendula, sage, chamomile, elecampane are very suitable . Pour one tablespoon of any herb with one liter of water and bring to a boil. Let the broth boil for about five minutes, and then let it brew for about fifteen minutes. Keep the legs in the ready-made broth for twenty minutes, after which they should be thoroughly rubbed with pumice. Rinse legs with water, grease with cream and put on warm socks. For cracks in the heels, the use of almond, sea buckthorn or olive oil is suitable.
In order to soften the skin of the legs and cure cracks in the heels, it is recommended to use onion peel. A handful of husks must be brewed with two liters of boiling water and, having closed the lid, put to infuse for one hour in a warm place. Pour hot broth into a bowl and add one tablespoon of soda and salt to it, then lower your legs there and keep them there until the water cools down. Then wipe the legs, grease with oil and raw egg yolk. Put on thin socks, wrap with cling film on top and put on woolen socks on top. Usually, five of these procedures are enough to completely cure the legs from cracks.
It so happens that all of the above methods may not work and do not have a positive effect, since the skin on the legs is significantly coarsened and very cracked. In this case, you should use resin. And it is cedar resin that is best suited - a sort of sticky substance that is secreted by the bark of a tree.
Zhivitsa has a number of medicinal beneficial properties:
Purulent Wound Healing
Stimulation of damaged tissue repair
Coarse heels of the feet should be greased with gum for the night . Leg pain passes almost instantly, and the cracks heal in a couple of days, unless, of course, much pressure is exerted on the legs.
Glycerin is a very effective remedy for fighting cracked heels. both in masked form and as an additive to foot baths. One teaspoon of glycerin is taken per liter of water. In the resulting solution, you need to hold your legs for about twenty minutes, then treat them with pumice and grease with cream.
A good remedy for getting rid of keratinized tissue on the heels is citric acid . Lemon is able to protect against infections. It removes dead cells well. It can be tied to the heels all night, and in the morning, remove the bandage and grease the skin with baby cream. Do this procedure every day until the skin on your legs becomes soft and soft.
This oil has many beneficial properties. . It is an excellent tool in body and face care. Almond oil softens, nourishes and moisturizes the skin, and it is also able to increase its elasticity. Almond oil contains a lot of vitamin E, which slows down the aging process of cells and is able to remove various skin inflammations. This oil calms the skin very well. Before use, it must be heated and rubbed only warm.
Healing cracks in the heels are capable of aspirin mixed with iodine and medical alcohol. Treatment takes place in a very short time. First, the feet are thoroughly washed, wiped dry, put on the heels of the mixture and put on cotton socks.
Aspirin can heal wounds, alcohol disinfects, and iodine will dry the skin. Alcohol can be successfully replaced with vodka. Such a tool will be effective only if there is no fungus on the legs.
It is very important to take care of your feet regularly. You can use both folk remedies and with the use of modern cosmetics. In heel care, it is precisely an integrated approach to treatment that can turn your legs into very tender and soft ones, such as in a small child.