Water is the source of human life. If it begins to accumulate in the body, overweight and puffiness appear. This can trigger the development of serious diseases. Simple methods available to everyone will help to cope with such a problem.
Where does the excess water in the body come from?
If water accumulates in the body, this does not mean that you drink too much. Attempts to reduce the amount of drinks consumed will only aggravate the situation and lead to the development of diseases.
In a healthy body, water, having fulfilled its function, is excreted naturally. If excess moisture accumulates, you should pay attention to the health of the kidneys and heart. The cause of this problem can be serious diseases.
In most cases, the accumulation of moisture is associated with the wrong way of life. The use of harmful products upsets the water-salt balance, which leads to the appearance of edema and excess body weight.
Why does water linger in the body?
Excess moisture is a serious problem. Before proceeding with its treatment, it is necessary to accurately determine the cause of its occurrence. The most common ones are:
- Chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system. In case of diagnosing a similar problem, the correct set of measures to eliminate edema is prescribed by the attending physician.
- Violation of metabolic processes in the body.
- Kidney disease.
- Excessive salt intake. One salt molecule is capable of retaining up to twenty molecules of liquid in the human body. Therefore, add as little salty foods as possible to your diet.
- Alcohol abuse. This is especially true for ethyl alcohol. This substance retains water in the body and provokes the appearance of edema.
- Drinking in the evening. If you drink a lot of liquid after 20.00 hours, then it does not have time to be fully excreted.
- The amount of clean water consumed is not enough. For normal life, the body needs clean drinking water. Juices, soft drinks, teas and other drinks are not suitable for this purpose. If there is not enough water, the body begins to save it.
- Lack of full physical activity. A low-active lifestyle leads to a violation of metabolic processes, and this provokes stagnation of moisture. Fitness will help correct the situation.
- Exceeding the allowable rate of diuretic drugs.
- Poor nutrition. The modern pace of life is increasingly forcing us to resort to fast food and convenience foods. These foods are rich in fats, flavor enhancers, preservatives, salt and other harmful substances. As a result of such nutrition, the condition of the heart, liver and kidneys worsens, and edema appears.
Only after you correctly determine the cause of the problem, you can choose the appropriate treatment program.
List of products that help remove fluid
If the cause of puffiness and excess weight is malnutrition, then you need to immediately change the diet.
Vegetables, cereals, fruits, berries and some drinks will help drive out excess fluid. Among healthy fruits and berries stand out:
- Watermelon. Its use helps to clean the kidneys and establish their normal work. The correct hemoglobin level is restored.
- Bananas Increase the concentration of serotonin in the blood, positively affect mental activity. Thanks to this person it is easier to cope with stress, the negative impact of stress is reduced.
- Melon. Useful for the cardiovascular system. Reduces the likelihood of arteriosclerosis.
- Kiwi. Helps cleanse blood vessels, which improves the functioning of the heart and all internal organs.
- Cranberry. It has a mild diuretic effect.
Introduce as many fresh fruits as possible into the diet. You can make salads seasoned with natural yogurt from them. Healing cranberry juice will help to complement this dish.
Vegetables are invaluable for human health. Get rid of edema will help you:
- Cabbage. Effectively removes excess water from the body.
- Beet. It has a diuretic effect, restores the gastrointestinal tract.
- Celery. It is rich in vitamins and minerals that prevent the accumulation of moisture in the cells.
- Zucchini. Reduce blood cholesterol, relieve swelling.
- Cucumbers Remove salt from the body. Regular consumption of cucumbers is an excellent prevention of intestinal diseases.
- Potatoes. Helps restore water balance.
Vegetables are best consumed raw, as they will bring more benefits. In addition, they can be steamed, stewed, cooked and baked.
Cereals will also help expel excess moisture. Be sure to enter in your diet:
- Fig. Cleanses the body of accumulated toxins and toxins, helps strengthen muscles.
- Buckwheat. Restores the digestive tract, prevents the appearance of atherosclerosis.
- Oatmeal. It will energize, which will help to better cope with physical activity.
Cereals can be used as an independent dish. Oatmeal will be a great breakfast. If its taste is not very pleasant for you, add sugar, prunes or fresh fruits to it. Then it will turn into a real treat.
Regularly using products that remove water, you will lose weight and solve the problem of swelling.
Does coffee help remove excess fluid?
Disputes about the dangers and benefits of coffee have not subsided for a very long time. The diuretic properties of coffee have been proven in many studies. But such a means of dealing with excess fluid can not be called safe. It has a number of contraindications.
Coffee removes water, but you can’t get carried away with it. Drinking more than three small cups of the drink per day can lead to serious health problems.
There are a number of contraindications in which it is better to completely refuse coffee:
- Cardiovascular diseases. High blood pressure.
- Gastrointestinal tract diseases.
- Elderly age. This is due to the fact that coffee is able to flush calcium from the body, and this provokes the development of problems with the musculoskeletal system.
- Problems with the nervous system.
In this regard, coffee as a diuretic in small quantities can be consumed only by healthy people.
Why does fluid accumulate in the body
Before you start removing fluid from the body, you need to find out the causes of the violation. Among them are:
- Wrong diet. The use of harmful products, as well as a lack of vitamins and minerals lead to metabolic disorders in the body, which in turn provokes the appearance of edema.
- Inadequate intake of clean water. If a person drinks less than six glasses of water per day, the body is forced to accumulate fluid. Moreover, the use of any drinks does not allow to make up for the deficiency, and some of them, such as coffee, only aggravate the situation.
- Alcohol abuse. Alcohol promotes dehydration, so the body has to actively store fluid.
- The use of diuretics. This can be either specialized drugs that are taken without the supervision of a doctor, or excessive consumption of certain products, such as soda or beer.
- Excess water in the body can accumulate in case of sleep disturbances.
- The consumption of a large number of salty foods. If you eat more than 15 grams of salt per day, tissues try to remove it. In this case, an active outflow of fluid occurs. When this situation repeats itself regularly, the cells begin to store moisture for the future..
- Lack of physical activity. This leads to the fact that fluids are more difficult to flow through the lymphatic vessels.
- Impaired kidney or heart function.
- Malfunctions in the hormonal system.
Only by eliminating the factor that led to the problem can we solve it. Since swelling can be caused by serious diseases, it is best to consult a doctor on this issue.
Why does excess fluid accumulate in the body?
Each of us at least once in his life had to see his beautiful face swollen. This usually happens in the morning. Toward dinner, the swelling subsides, and the person promises himself never to drink a lot of fluids again at night. But not at all and not always the problem of excess fluid in the body is solved so simply.
Overweight and swelling
These two concepts are closely related to each other. It will be extremely interesting for everyone losing weight to learn that their excess weight by 30% consists of excess fluid that has settled in the cells. Therefore, any diet should begin with the removal of excess water from the body. If this is not done, it will be extremely difficult to evaluate the results of the diet. A simple layman is unlikely to distinguish fat on his body from edema. Not observing the expected weight loss, the losing weight simply drops his hands and gives up all efforts to combat his volumes.
How to remove fluid from the body?
To remove edema from the body, you need to follow a drinking regimen, i.e. drink. This statement may shock people who want to get rid of this problem, but, nevertheless, it is quite effective. Often, an organism that does not receive moisture in the volumes it needs includes an economy mode and is afraid to part with the available fluid. To support our body, our body needs water. Drinking less than two liters per day, we are already provoking violations in our process of water circulation. The excess is formed not so much because of the drunk liquid, but because of the substances that came with it or during the day.
How to quickly remove excess fluid
To begin with, it is better to determine the causes of an excess of fluid in the body. It is worth checking the kidneys for diseases that provoke edema. A consultation with a doctor will not be superfluous before trying to withdraw fluid at home. A pregnant woman also should not experiment with diuretics not prescribed by a doctor.
After making sure that there are no diseases and pregnancy, you can start treatment. The most effective products are the following products and preparations:
- green tea,
- diuretic herbal collection.
If the abuse of diuretics and other diuretic tablets is not too beneficial for the body, then drinking herbal or Chinese green tea is absolutely safe. Teas on diuretic herbs best remove excess water from the body.
Diet for edema
Without nutrition correction, it will take a long time to wait for the edema to disappear. If there is a lot of salt in your diet, then puffiness will appear again, since any diuretic will give only temporary relief.
Eating properly is the only way out for constantly swelling people. You need to add fresh vegetables and protein to your menu. This will greatly facilitate the work of the kidneys. Cereals, especially rice, are also extremely helpful in this problem.
Caffeine contained in invigorating drinks stimulates the kidneys to actively release moisture. But you need to know that he is able to dehydrate a person. With caution in the use of caffeinated drinks, you can protect yourself from unpleasant consequences.
In order not to wake up swollen in the morning, you can not drink a few hours before bedtime. At night, all systems are set to rest and cannot process large amounts of water. Drunk during the day does not give such an effect and is easier to digest and process by the kidneys.
It’s a good idea to arrange one unloading day per week using some liquid-discharging product. During this day, the kidneys and intestines will clear a little of the toxins and begin to work better.
Thanks to sport, a lot of unnecessary slag is removed along with sweat. Active fitness is best done on a regular basis, preventing stagnation of intercellular fluid.
It is quite possible to lose some excess weight by removing excess fluid from the tissues, but you need to comprehensively approach the solution of the problem. You should also not rush to extremes, since dehydration, as well as an excess of fluid, are equally harmful to humans.
Taking out excess fluid with a diet
Experts have developed several effective diets that help get rid of excess moisture and excess weight. The most common are:
It involves the use of up to 1.5 liters of this dairy product per day. This change in nutrition is designed for a week.
On the first day, together with kefir, up to five boiled potatoes are allowed. In the second, about 100 grams of boiled chicken. On the third day, treat yourself to 100 grams of boiled veal. The fourth day - 100 grams of any low-fat fish, boiled or baked. On the fifth day, eat any vegetables and fruits. On the sixth day, you can’t eat anything except kefir. On the seventh day, drink plenty of mineral water without gas.
To lose weight and remove puffiness, you should abandon salt and carbohydrates. It is forbidden to use honey, eggs, sugar, confectionery, baking, alcohol, yeast, salty products, mayonnaise, butter, smoked dishes, chips. Replace dairy products with soy counterparts. Eat plenty of raw fruits and vegetables. Introduce cereals, legumes and herbal decoctions into the diet.
Instead of strictly restricting yourself in nutrition, try to properly compose your diet. A balanced diet and exercise is much more effective than any diet.
Fighting edema with vitamins
Vitamin deficiency is a fairly common cause of stagnant water in the body. Specialized drugs will help to solve the problem. Before choosing a specific drug, undergo a medical examination that will help your doctor develop the right vitamin regimen for you.
Vitamins that remove water:
- B5 or pantothenic acid. This substance is actively involved in the process of removing fluid from cells. Its deficiency is manifested in the appearance of pain in the muscles, insomnia, attacks of nausea. In order for pantothenic acid to be fully absorbed, it must be used together with vitamin D. This substance is found in large quantities in cauliflower, eggs and whole grains.
- B1 or thiamine. Participates in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism. Its deficiency can be determined by the appearance of swelling and numbness in the limbs. Contained in legumes, liver and whole grains.
- B6 or pyridoxine. Helps the proper absorption of proteins and fats. Eliminates muscle cramps and numbness in the hands. It has a diuretic effect. Contained in bananas, chicken, sea fish and wheat germ.
- P or flavonoids. Strengthens the walls of blood vessels, relieves swelling. Contained in various spices, fruits and vegetables.
If the diet is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, then there should be no vitamin deficiency. Otherwise, get a vitamin-mineral complex in a pharmacy.
Will potassium help remove fluid?
In the fight against puffiness, potassium plays a special role. It is proved that this substance helps to remove excess fluid from the cells of the body and prevents urinary retention.
To cover the daily intake of this substance, add cabbage, legumes, potatoes, bananas, watermelon, avocado, milk, fish and liver to your diet. In addition, cereals, sunflower seeds and nuts are rich in potassium.
You need to consume from 1800 to 5000 mg of potassium per day. The specific value depends on the individual characteristics of the body, the level of physical activity and the climate in which the person lives.
When cooking, try not to use water. She will flush potassium from foods. It is better to bake or stew foods.
Bath procedures are a great way to combat edema
A great way to get water away is to visit the bathhouse. This procedure promotes active sweat formation. Metabolism is normalized, the body is freed from excess fat.
All moisture comes out through the skin, which reduces the burden on the kidneys. Bath is allowed even for people suffering from kidney disease. At the same time, harmful substances are removed, such as sodium, urea, sulfur, iron and others.
To achieve the effect, the bath should be visited every week.
Medicinal herbs and folk methods to combat edema
Traditional medicine offers a lot of recipes that help to cope with such a problem. Among them stand out:
- The diuretic effect has a bump of wood. Grind the root of this plant. One tablespoon pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 20 minutes. Filter the product and dilute with a glass of boiled water. Take 2 tsp. three times a day.
- Pour a teaspoon of crushed burdock root with 0.5 liters of boiling water. Leave it all night. Divide the liquid into equal parts and drink throughout the day.
- Mix one teaspoon of birch leaves and knotweed. Pour 200 ml of boiling water and let stand for 30 minutes. Drink half a glass twice a day.
- Soda will help get rid of edema. It is added to the bath in an amount of 200 grams. This procedure is carried out for at least 10 minutes. Then lie down under a warm blanket for 40 minutes.
Such affordable remedies will help remove excess fluid and reduce body weight.
In severe cases, specialized drugs cannot be dispensed with. Specific tablets that remove water are selected by the attending physician after a medical examination. Most often prescribed:
Before using them, carefully read the instructions and study all contraindications.
Избыток влаги в организме – серьезная проблема. Справиться с ней помогут правильное питание, физические нагрузки и народные средства. All these measures must be applied together. Then you will reduce your weight and get rid of edema.